Chili con carne
Rest time : 12h
Preparation time : 20 min
Cooking : 60 min
Difficulty : easy
Ingredients for 6 :
Light red kidneys Orijin®: 500g
Minced beef meat: 500g
Onions: 3 pieces
Garlic: 2 cloves
Red sweet pepper: 1
Hot chili pepper: 1
Tomatoe puree: 800g
Cumin powder: 1 tea spoon
Dried oregano: 1 tea spoon
Olive oil: 2cl
Salt and pepper
- Soak beans overnight in water. Keep it in the fridge.
- Thinly slice the onions, the sweet pepper and crush the garlic.
- Cut off the hot chili peppers lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Fry the onions and sweet peppers in a little oil at medium heat.
- Add the minced meat, the hot chili peppers and the spices. Add the tomato puree and the Orijin® Light Red Kidneys beans.
- Pour water on all and continue cooking covered at medium heat for about 1 hour.
- Check during cooking, the beans must remain firm.
- At the end of cooking, add seasoning if necessary and serve with rice.
salt at the end of cooking. Preparing the recipe the day before is even better.